Monday 19 December 1960
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Are You Lonesome To-Night? by Elvis Presley.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Ballad of a Soldier, directed by Grigoriy Chukhray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1960!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1960 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Mike Lookinland: TV Actor.
- Mike Lookinland in Mount Pleasant: Utah, USA; actor (Bobby - The Brady Bunch).
- Derrick Jensen: American author and activist.
- Michelangelo Signorile: American journalist and author.
- Fire aboard USS Constellation, under construction in Brooklyn, New York (50 die).
- Mercury-Redstone 1A reaches 210 km in test flight.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
- Sailor (Your Home Is The Sea) - Lolita
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
- Kathy Young - A Thousand Stars
- Connie Francis - Many Tears Ago
- Johnny Burnette - You're Sixteen
- Jerry Butler - He Will Break Your Heart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?