Monday 19 December 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Winchester Cathedral by The New Vaudeville Band.
In UK Green Green Grass Of Home by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
Grand Prix, directed by John Frankenheimer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1966!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1966 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Monique Oliver in Malibu: California, USA; WPVA volleyball player (US Open-4th-1994).
- Eric Weinrich in Roanoke: Virginia, USA; NHL defenseman (Chicago Blackhawks).
- Courtney Griffin: Canadian Football League defensive back (Winnipeg Blue Bombers).
- Alberto "La Bomba" Tomba: Italian skier (1988, 92 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Robert MacNaughton in New York City: New York, USA; actor (ET - The Extraterrestrial).
- Roberto Beam: Soccer player (Vitesse / MVV)
- Alberto Tomba: Italian skier, an expert on the slalom and winner of two Gold Medals in Calgary in February 1988. At the winter Olympics in Val d'Isere in France, 1992, he had a time of 2.06.98 over two runs to win the event of the men's giant slalom, the first Alpine skier to successfully defend his title.
- Joseph Slusarski: American baseball pitcher; a member of the 1988 U.S. Olympic baseball team.
- Chuckii Booker: American singer-songwriter and producer
- Rajesh Chauhan: Indian cricketer
- Robert MacNaughton: American actor
- Eric Weinrich: American ice hockey player and coach
- Ehm Welk: German journalist, writer, professor and founder of Volkshochschulen (adult education centres).
- ADB operations begin.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- Donovan - Mellow Yellow
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- Frank Sinatra - That's Life
- Mitch Ryder - Devil With A Blue Dress On & Good Golly Miss Molly
- Nancy Sinatra - Sugar Town
- The Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- Stevie Wonder - A Place In The Sun
- The Temptations - (I Know) I'm Losing You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?