Thursday 19 December 1968
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Lily The Pink by The Scaffold was in the top 5 hits.
The Love Bug, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1968!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1968 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Jennifer Devine in Portland: Oregon, USA; rower (Olympics-1996).
- Antonio Rossi: Italian rower, the winner of a Bronze Medal at the Barcelona Olympics 1992 for the 1,500 m. Kayak event.
- Ken Marino: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Norman Thomas: founder (ACLU)/Socialist Party (1926-55), dies at age 84.
- WCWB (now WMGT) TV channel 41 in Macon, Georgia (NBC) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
- Dion - Abraham, Martin And John
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- Classics IV - Stormy
- Judy Collins - Both Sides Now
- Bobby Vinton - I Love How You Love Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 December 1968 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?