Friday 19 December 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Leaving on A Jet Plane by Peter, Paul and Mary.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
The Punch Bowl, directed by Helmut Weiss, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The House On The Strand by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1969!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1969 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Santana Dotson: NFL defensive tackle (Green Bay Packers - Super Bowl 31).
- Michael Bates NFL wide receiver (Cleveland Browns: Carolina Panthers).
- Mike Alexander: WLAF corner (Rhein Fire).
- Scott Pearson in Cornwall: Ontario, Canada; NHL left wing (Buffalo Sabres).
- Villano IV: Mexican professional wrestler.
- Aziza Zadeh: Azerbaijani musician labeled "The Princess of Jazz." She fuses jazz elements with a traditional form of music from her home country called Mugam. She grew up in a musical family and learned to play piano. Her vocal talents were evident at an early age.
- Kristy Swanson: American actress
- Richard Hammond: Journalist
- Michael Bates: American sprinter and football player
- Tom Gugliotta: NBA forward (Minnesota Timberwolves).
- Nayan Mongia: Indian cricketer
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- The Beatles - Come Together
- Stevie Wonder - Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
- R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
- Neil Diamond - Holly Holy
- Blood, Sweat and Tears - And When I Die
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?