Saturday 19 December 1970
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to The Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson.
In UK I Hear You Knocking by Dave Edmunds was in the top 5 hits.
Rio Lobo, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1970!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1970 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Tyson Beckford: Model.
- Zac Foley: Rock bassist (EMF-Unbelievable).
- Wendy Miles: in Australia; golfer (1993 T77 Alpine Australian Ladies Masters).
- Robert Lang in Teplice: Czechoslovakia; NHL forward (Team Czechoslovakia Representative, Los Angeles Kings).
- Jon Cleveland in Fresno: California, USA; Canadian 100 metre/200 metre swimmer (Olympics-bronze-1992, 1996).
- Iman Ali: Pakistani model and actress
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- Santana - Black Magic Woman
- Chicago - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Brian Hyland - Gypsy Woman
- The Supremes - Stoned Love
- Badfinger - No Matter What
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 December 1970 and get them!