Wednesday 19 December 1979
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paola Rey and Tara Summers.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Escape (The Pina Colada Song) by Rupert Holmes.
In UK Another Brick In The Wall by Pink Floyd was in the top 5 hits.
Scavenger Hunt, directed by Michael Schultz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Triple by Ken Follett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching D'artagnan and Three Musketeers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing ABPA Backgammon or Lunar Rescue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1979!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1979 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - Please Don't Go
- Styx - Babe
- Stevie Wonder - Send One Your Love
- Commodores - Still
- Captain and Tennille - Do That To Me One More Time
- J.D. Souther - You're Only Lonely
- Barbra Streisand - No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)
- Kool & The Gang - Ladies Night
- Supertramp - Take The Long Way Home
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?