Tuesday 19 December 2006
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK Patience by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Children of Men, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while For One More Day by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 2006!
Which were the important events of 19 December 2006 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 December
- Somali Civil War: Somalia's Islamic Courts Union (ICU) say they are finalising plans to fight Ethiopian forces deployed in the country as a seven-day ultimatum for Ethiopia to pull out its troops nears its deadline. (Al-Jazeera)
- Kyrgyz Prime Minister Felix Kulov resigns, automatically dismissing the Ministers of the Kyrgyz government, after political parties throughout the country called on him to resign. Deputy Prime Minister Daniar Usenov says President Kurmanbek Bakiyev should dissolve the Parliament and hold elections. (RFE/RL)
- Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev condemns the Iranian government for acting ampquotas the center of growing insecurity in Asiaampquot by supporting terrorism, weapons and drug trafficking, the spread of weapons of mass destruction, and illegal migration. The Foreign Ministry later says news agencies misquoted him. (IRNA)
- Palestinian civil skirmishes:
- The Prime Minister of Palestine Ismail Haniyeh calls for an end to the fighting and for all factions to unite in the fight against Israel. (AP via Boston Globe)
- Hugo Chávez announces his plans to merge the parties which support the Bolivarian Revolution into the United Socialist Party of Venezuela. (BBC)
- Further cases of patients and staff infected with a new strain of MRSA are revealed in a UK hospital after two people die from the superbug. (The Times)
- 2006 Ipswich murder investigation: Police investigating the murder of five women in Ipswich, Suffolk arrest a second man on suspicion of their murders. (BBC)
- Chilean congress approves the creation of two new administrative regions within the country. (Peoples Daily)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?