Sunday 19 February 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Stage Fright, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 February 1950!
Which were the important events of 19 February 1950 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Pisces
- Astrology: Can also be last day of sun sign Aquarius depending on the time of birth and the astrologer's viewpoint.
- Chaoflux (Discordianism)
- Juice Leskinen: Finnish singer-songwriter (d. 2006).
- Andy Powell: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Wishbone Ash).
- Edyth Walker: US singer, dies at 82.
- Konrad Adenauer tries unsuccessfully to negotiate with East Germany to begin unification.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Anton Karas - The Third Man Theme
- My Foolish Heart - Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 February 1950 and get them!