Thursday 19 February 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner and Ross Stoutenborough.
In UK Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyes by Perry Como & The Ramblers was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Spur, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Romper Room and Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 February 1953!
Which were the important events of 19 February 1953 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Pisces
- Astrology: Can also be last day of sun sign Aquarius depending on the time of birth and the astrologer's viewpoint.
- Chaoflux (Discordianism)
- Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner: President of Argentina.
- Ross Stoutenborough: American chess master who began playing in 1967 and attained the rank of Master only three years later.
- Massimo Troisi: Italian actor and film director whose film "Il Postino" (The Postman) won five Oscar nominations including that of Best Picture, and he, the nomination as Best Actor.
- Corrado Barazzutti: Italian tennis player.
- Cristina de Kirchner: Argentinian lawyer and politician 52nd President of Argentina.
- Bill Kirchenbauer: Bill Kirchenbauer American comedian and actor
- Georgia approves US 1st literature censorship board
- Ted Williams safely crash-lands his damaged Panther jet
- Georgia state approves first American literature censorship board.
- Censorship: Georgia approves the first literature censorship board in the United States.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?