Sunday 19 February 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George David Low in Cleveland and Jeffrey Immelt.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Great Pretender by The Platters.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Doctor at Sea, directed by Ralph Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jane Eyre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 19 February 1956 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Pisces
- Astrology: Can also be last day of sun sign Aquarius depending on the time of birth and the astrologer's viewpoint.
- Chaoflux (Discordianism)
- George David Low in Cleveland: Ohio, USA; astronaut (STS 32, STS 43).
- Jeffrey Immelt: American business executive, Chairman and CEO of General Electric in September 2001.
- Philippe Lizon: Belgium dancer.
- Roderick MacKinnon: American physician and scientist, shared the 2003 Nobel Prize in chemistry for insights into working with channels into cell membranes.
- Kathleen Beller: American actress.
- Peter Holsapple: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The dB's and The Continental Drifters)
- Dave Wakeling: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Beat and General Public)
- Kathy Cornelius wins LPGA Saint Petersburg Golf Open.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?