Thursday 19 February 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Crack A Bottle by Eminem.
He's Just Not That Into You, directed by Ken Kwapis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 February 2009!
Which were the important events of 19 February 2009 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Pisces
- Astrology: Can also be last day of sun sign Aquarius depending on the time of birth and the astrologer's viewpoint.
- Chaoflux (Discordianism)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 February
- Kelly Groucutt: Bass guitarist and singer for the band Electric Light Orchestra (Born 1945).
- The US Mint releases the 2009 William Henry Harrison Presidential dollar to circulation.
- Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin's office accuses Georgian pop group Stefane 3G's song ampquotWe Don't Wanna Put Inampquot of hooliganism. (''Financial Times'')
- California's State Legislature approves a US$143-billion budget and fills a $41-billion deficit with a combination of loans, spending and service reductions, and tax increases. (''New York Times'')
- The United States Federal Bureau of Investigation locates Stanford Financial Group Chairman Allen Stanford in Virginia and serves him with a fraud complaint on behalf of the Securities and Exchange Commission. (BBC)
- China claims it has artificially produced snowfall by cloud seeding to ease drought. (AP via Google News)
- Palestinian militants fire three rockets into Israel. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- General Motors says it may provide its struggling Swedish subsidiary Saab Automobile with US$400 million. (Reuters)
- Kyrgyzstan's Supreme Council approves the closure of the U.S. Air Force's Manas Air Base. (Reuters)
- A Russian court acquits three men of aiding the 2006 murder of investigative journalist Anna Politkovskaya. (BBC)
- The French battleship ''Danton'' is discovered in the Mediterranean Sea. (BBC)
- U.S. President Barack Obama meets with Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper in Ottawa. (BBC)
- China's Ministry of Health reports that HIV/AIDS was the country's leading cause of death from infectious disease in 2008. (BBC)
- Two Tupolev Tu-95 bombers are intercepted by two Canadian CF-18's near Canada's airspace hours before United States President Barack Obama arrives in Ottawa, Ontario. (CBC)
- Fort-de-France Mayor Serge Letchimy cancels Martinique's carnival, due to ongoing general strikes. (MSNBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?