Saturday 19 February 2011
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Black And Yellow by Wiz Khalifa.
L'argent, directed by Marcel L'Herbier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Tick Tock by James Patterson, Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 February 2011!
Which were the important events of 19 February 2011 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Pisces
- Astrology: Can also be last day of sun sign Aquarius depending on the time of birth and the astrologer's viewpoint.
- Chaoflux (Discordianism)
- Koa Dumont: American noted family member, he is the third child and third son born to No Doubt guitarist Tom Dumont and his wife Mieke.
- Ollie Matson: American pro football player, Olympic medal holder for track and field events and a fraternal twin.
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- Human Rights Watch claims that Libyan security forces have killed 84 people over the past three days. (Human Rights Watch)
- Libyan exiles claim that the total death toll could be as high as 120 with reports that snipers have fired at funerals in Benghazi. (Sky News)
- A businessman calls for help from Benghazi, saying hospitals are overwhelmed and blood is running out. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Bahraini protests:
- Demonstrators chase away riot police in Manama. (Deutsche Welle)
- 2011 Yemeni protests:
- At least five people are killed in demonstrations in several cities across Yemen. (BBC)
- 2010-2011 Algerian protests:
- Police break up a pro-democracy protest in the capital Algiers. (''The Times of India'')
- Riots occur in the Moroccan city of Tangier over utility costs. (Reuters)
- Israeli–Palestinian conflict:
- 8 Palestinians are injured while on restricted lands when their anti-barrier protests are broken up by Israeli forces using live ammunition and tear gas among other agents to disperse the protesters. (Palestine News Network)
- Demonstrators gather outside the U.S. embassy in Tel Aviv to protest yesterday's U.S. veto at the United Nations and call for an end to the “US-supported occupation”. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Thousands of people rally in Spanish municipality of Bilbao calling for the legalization of the new separatist party Sortu. (BBC)
- Pirates seize a yacht with four Americans off the coast of Oman. (Al Jazeera)
- Police shoot tear gas and water cannons as thousands of people protest against an authorized neo-Nazi march in Dresden. (Deutsche Welle)
- Iranian director Asghar Farhadi wins three awards, including the Golden Bear, for his film ''Nader and Simin, A Separation'' as the 61st Berlin International Film Festival ends. There are other winners from Argentina, Albania, Germany and Hungary. (Deutsche Welle)
- International Petroleum Investment Company makes a $4billion bid for the remaining 53% of shares of Compañía Española de Petróleos. (''The Wall Street Journal'')
- The United States vetoes a draft of a U.N. Security Council resolution critical of Israeli settlements in the West Bank. (UN News Centre)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
- Bruno Mars - Grenade
- Katy Perry - Firework
- F**kin' Perfect - P!nk
- Dr. Dre - I Need A Doctor
- Enrique Iglesias - Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)
- Far*East Movement - Rocketeer
- Rihanna - What's My Name?
- Pitbull - Hey Baby (Drop It To The Floor)
- Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?