Friday 19 January 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Great Expectations, directed by Robert G. Vignola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1917 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Steno : Italian film director and screenwriter.
- John Raitt: Santa Ana Actor.
- Elizabeth Rhodifer: American astrologer.
- Rudolf Maros: composer.
- Nigel Nicolson: British writer, publisher and politician.
- Silvertown explosion: 73 are killed and 400 injured in an explosion in a munitions plant in London.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Horace Wright - My Own Iona
- The Baseball Game - Weber & Fields
- I Ain't Got Nobody Much - Marion Harris
- Sometimes You Get a Good One and Sometimes You Don't - Anna Chandler
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?