Sunday 19 January 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Anna Christie, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 19 January 1930 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 January 1930 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
See other famous people born on 19 January
Tippi Hedren: American actress, former fashion model and an animal rights activist.
James Wood: British businessman and CEO of Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea, a retail food marketeer.
John Waite: South African cricketer (d. 2011).
Make this date unforgettable
Subscribe to our Newsletter
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1930?
- Science: Science vol. 71 issue 1829
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Domingo Ugalde -- Jan. 13, 1930
- Science: Science vol. 71 issue 1828
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
The basis for the Academy Award-winning major motion picture starring Best Actor nominee Richard Dix and Best Actress nominee Irene Dunne.This vivid and sweeping tale of the Oklahoma Land Rush, from Pulitzer Prize winner Edna Ferber, traces the stunning challenges ...
Light wear to red boards, firm binding, light age spotting. Gift inscription to title page. Edges of dustwrapper a little chipped and torn. Colonial edition stated on dustwrapper
1930. American writer and playwright, he is best known for the Pulitzer Prize awarded his play Our Town in 1938. His second novel, The Bridge of San Luis Rey won the Pulitzer Prize in 1928.
Tell the world why 19 January 1930 is such a special date for you!