Wednesday 19 January 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1944!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1944 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Pehr Henrik Nordgren: Composer.
- Richard [Erskine Frere] Leakey: Nairobi, Kenya -- Anthropologist.
- Shelley Fabares: American actress best known for her early all-American teenager role on the 1950s TV sitcom, "The Donna Reed Show.
- Laurie London: English singer.
- Thom Mayne: American architect and academic designed the San Francisco Federal Building and Phare Tower.
- Dan Reeves NFL Coach (New York Giants: Denver Broncos, Atlanta Falcons).
- Peter Lynch: American financier and stock market wizard who gained renown as the principal manager of the Fidelity Magellan mutual fund by transforming it into a $13 billion business. One of the most successful money managers in Wall Street history, he shocked his peers by retiring at age 46. He is the author of "One Up On Wall Street," 1989, "Beat the Street," 1993 and "Learn To Earn," 1995.
- Harold Fraser-Simson: Composer, dies at 71.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 January 1944 and get them!