Wednesday 19 January 1949
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Juliana Carneiro da Cunha and Arend Langenberg.
A Canterbury Tale, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Your Show Time.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1949!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1949 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Juliana Carneiro da Cunha: Brazilian and French actress and dancer who has worked at the Théâtre du Soleil in Paris since 1990.
- Arend Langenberg: Dutch voice actor and radio host (d. 2012).
- Robert Palmer: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Power Station) (d. 2003).
- Andrew Samuels: English psychologist and academic.
- Dennis Taylor: Irish snooker player and sportscaster.
- Cuba recognizes Israel.
- The Poe Toaster first appears at the grave of Edgar Allan Poe.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Red Roses For A Blue Lady - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- Kay Starr - So Tired
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?