Thursday 19 January 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sebastien Dhavernas and Grant Nordman.
Gun Crazy, directed by Joseph H. Lewis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while A Rage To Live by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rocky King, Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1950!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1950 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Sebastien Dhavernas: Canadian actor.
- Grant Nordman: Canadian politician.
- David Tredinnick: British Conservative member of parliament who has represented Bosworth in Leicestershire since 1987.
- Marian Walker: American attorney, the lawyer for Herbert Kim Deneau for his unhappy divorce case.
- Sébastien Dhavernas: Canadian actor.
- Jon Matlack: American baseball player and coach
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 January 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?