Tuesday 19 January 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Hofman and Reggie Brooks.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Knock Three Times by Dawn.
In UK Grandad by Clive Dunn was in the top 5 hits.
Vanishing Point, directed by Richard C. Sarafian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dave Allen at Large.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1971!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1971 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Maurice Hofman: Dutch soccer player (MVV).
- Reggie Brooks: NFL running back (Washington Redskins).
- Jeff Juden in Salem: Massachusetts, USA; baseball pitcher (Philadelphia Phillies, San Francisco Giants).
- Claude Lastennet: French homicide, a serial killer of aged women in a four-month trail of blood.
- Jeff Juden: American baseball player, a pitcher for the New York Yankees.
- Harry Shields: American musician (Born 1899).
- No, No Nanette opens at 46th St. Theater NYC for 861 performances
- 24th NHL All-Star Game: West beat East 2-1 at Boston.
- Representatives of 23 western oil companies begin negotiations with OPEC in Tehran to stabilize oil prices. February 14 they sign a treaty with 6 Khalij el-Arab countries.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?