Friday 19 January 1973
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Stynes in Queens and Gaëtan Prat.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to You're So Vain by Carly Simon.
In UK Long Haired Lover From Liverpool by Little Jimmy Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
Cries & Whispers, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Whoops Baghdad!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1973!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1973 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Chris Stynes in Queens: New York, USA; infielder (Kansas City Royals).
- Gaëtan Prat: French race horse owner, trainer and jockey.
- Karen Lancaume: French porn actress (d. 2005).
- Antero Manninen: Finnish cellist (Apocalyptica).
- Yevgeny Sadovyi: Russian swimmer and coach.
- Aaron Yonda: American comedian actor and director
- Max Adrian: Enniskillen, Northern Ireland -- Actor (Devils, Music Lover).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Stevie Wonder - Superstition
- Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones
- Elton John - Crocodile Rock
- Kenny Loggins - Your Mama Don't Dance
- Johnny Rivers - Rockin' Pneumonia - Boogie Woogie Flu
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Clair
- Curtis Mayfield - Superfly
- Timmy Thomas - Why Can't We Live Together
- Hurricane Smith - Oh, Babe, What Would You Say?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?