Thursday 19 January 1978
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Baby Come Back by Player.
In UK Mull Of Kintyre / Girl's School by Wings was in the top 5 hits.
The Duellists, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1978.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1978!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1978 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 January
- Eddie Mathews elected to Baseball Hall of Fame.
- Judge William H Webster appointed head of FBI.
- The last Volkswagen Beetle made in Germany leaves VW's plant in Emden. Beetle production in Latin America would continue until 2003.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Player - Baby Come Back
- Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
- Dolly Parton - Here You Come Again
- Rod Stewart - You're In My Heart (The Final Acclaim)
- Randy Newman - Short People
- Paul Simon - Slip Slidin' Away
- Shaun Cassidy - Hey Deanie
- Queen - We Are The Champions
- Styx - Come Sail Away
- Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?