Sunday 19 January 1986
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claudio Marchisio and Loren Galler-Rabinowitz.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to That's What Friends Are For by Dionne & Friends.
In UK West End Girls by Pet Shop Boys was in the top 5 hits.
Enemy Mine, directed by Wolfgang Petersen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while The Mammoth Hunters by Jean M. Auel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ramayan.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Action Fighter or Leaderboard.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1986!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1986 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Claudio Marchisio: Soccer Player.
- Loren Galler-Rabinowitz: American model and ice dancer Miss Massachusetts 2010.
- Oleksandr Miroshnychenko: Ukrainian footballer.
- Moussa Sow: Senegalese footballer.
- Israeli premier Simon Peres visits Netherlands.
- Spain recognizes Israel.
- The first computer virus released into the wild is a boot sector virus dubbed (c)Brain, created by the Farooq Alvi Brothers in Lahore, Pakistan, reportedly to deter piracy of the software they had written.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 January 1986
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dionne & Friends - That's What Friends Are For
- Lionel Richie - Say You, Say Me
- Eddie Murphy - Party All The Time
- Simple Minds - Alive & Kicking
- Klymaxx - I Miss You
- John Cougar Mellencamp - Small Town
- Stevie Nicks - Talk To Me
- Survivor - Burning Heart
- Dire Straits - Walk Of Life
- The Cars - Tonight She Comes
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?