Friday 19 January 1996
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey.
In UK Earth Song by Michael Jackson was in the top 5 hits.
From Dusk Till Dawn, directed by Robert Rodriguez, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1996.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1996!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1996 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Bernard Baily: comic artist, dies at age 79.
- Harold Wolpe: sociologist lawyer/South African activist, dies at age 70.
- Donald Simpson: American homicide victim, an identical twin and case of mistaken identity.
- Don Simpson: American film producer who, with his partner Jerry Bruckheimer, was responsible for blockbusters like "Flashdance," 1983 and "Top Gun," 1986.
- NHL approves move of Winnipeg Jets to Phoenix.
- The barge North Cape oil spill occurs as an engine fire forces the tugboat Scandia ashore on Moonstone Beach in South Kingstown, Rhode Island.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?