Saturday 19 January 2008
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Rambo, directed by Sylvester Stallone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while I Am America (and So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Breaking Bad.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Casper's Scare School or Left 4 Dead.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 2008!
Which were the important events of 19 January 2008 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 January
- John Stewart: Scottish physician and surgeon, the author of "Turner's Diseases of the Ear, Nose and Throat.
- Adolfo Nicolás is elected as the thirtieth Superior General of the Society of Jesus. (BBC News)
- Voters in Nevada and South Carolina go to the polls to determine presidential nominations for the Republican and Democratic parties.
- Former Governor of Massachusetts Mitt Romney wins the Nevada Republican caucus. (''The New York Times'')
- Nevada Democratic caucus: New York Senator Hillary Clinton wins 51% of state delegates, but Illinois Senator Barack Obama wins the state's national delegates 13 to 12. (CNN)
- Arizona Senator John McCain wins the South Carolina Republican primary. (CNN)
- California Congressman Duncan Hunter withdraws his candidacy. (CNN)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 January 2008
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?