Thursday 19 July 1900
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
A Strike in a Dime Museum, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1900!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1900 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Arno Breker: German sculptor (3rd Reich sculptor).
- Charles Barnet "Roscoe" Harvey: Soldier.
- Marc Turfkruijer: Flemish movie journalist / writer.
- Pierre Joubert: Allevard physician.
- The first line of the Paris Métro is opened.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1900 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Ma Tiger Lily - Len Spencer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?