Friday 19 July 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Uncle Tom's Cabin, directed by J. Searle Dawley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1918!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1918 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Joost van Vollenhoven: Netherlands -- Governor-General (French West-Africa).
- Washington catcher Eddie Ainsmith applies for deferment from the draft Secretary of War Newton D Baker rules baseball players are not draft exempt
- German armies retreat across Marne River in France (WW I).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hello Central, Give Me No Man's Land - Al Jolson
- Just a Baby's Prayer at Twilight (For Her Daddy Over There) - Edna White's Trumpet Quartet
- At the Jazz Band Ball - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1918?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?