Thursday 19 July 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Merry-Go-Round, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1923 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- William A Rusher: American newspaper columnist.
- Theo Barker: English historian (d. 2001).
- Joseph Hansen: American author and poet (d. 2004).
- William Rusher: American lawyer and journalist (d. 2011).
- Lon Simmons: American baseball player and sportscaster (d. 2015).
- Alex Hannum: American athlete, pro basketball player for eight seasons beginning in 1949 and coach. As the first coach to win championships in both the American Basketball Association and the National Basketball Association, he was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame on October 2, 1998. He died on January 18, 2002 in San Diego, CA, age 78.
- Pat Hingle in Denver: Colorado, USA; actor (Baby Boom, Norma Rae, Bloody Mama).
- WRC-AM in Washington DC begins radio transmissions
- 20 ampndash Pancho Villa is assassinated at Hidalgo del Parral, Chihuahua.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Trot Along - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
- Wildflower - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?