Saturday 19 July 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Manhandled, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1924!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1924 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Sybren Polet [Sijbe Minnema]: Dutch writer / poet (Mannekino).
- Stanley K Hathaway: American politician (d. 2005).
- Antoine Cuissard: France sport Champion.
- Stanley Hathaway: American soldier lawyer and politician 40th United States Secretary of the Interior (d. 2005).
- Pat Hingle: American actor and producer (d. 2009).
- Arthur Rankin: Jr. American director producer and screenwriter (d. 2014)
- Nora Ricci: Italian actress on film and stage. She was a family member of generations of theatrical people, the daughter of Renzo Ricci and Margherita Bagni; the wife of actor Victorio Gassman and mother of Paola Gassman.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- It Had to be You - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Oh Susanna - Wendell Hall & Shannon Quartet
- Virginia (Don't Go Too Far) - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?