Saturday 19 July 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sybren Polet [Sijbe Minnema] and Stanley K Hathaway.
Manhandled, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1924!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1924 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Sybren Polet [Sijbe Minnema]: Dutch writer / poet (Mannekino).
- Stanley K Hathaway: American politician (d. 2005).
- Nora Ricci: Italian actress on film and stage.
- Antoine Cuissard: France sport Champion.
- Stanley Hathaway: American soldier lawyer and politician 40th United States Secretary of the Interior (d. 2005).
- Pat Hingle: American actor and producer (d. 2009)
- Arthur Rankin: Jr. American director producer and screenwriter (d. 2014)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- It Had to be You - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Oh Susanna - Wendell Hall & Shannon Quartet
- Virginia (Don't Go Too Far) - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?