Tuesday 19 July 1927
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jan Myrdal and Gaston Poulain.
Tartuffe, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1927!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1927 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Jan Myrdal: Swedish writer / journalist (Albania Defiant).
- Gaston Poulain: French Catholic clergyman, the Emeritus Bishop of Périgueux.
- Gilbert Tordjman: French gynecologist, pediatrician, dentist and follower of a non-allopathic medical sexology.
- Ty Cobb gets his 4,000th Major League Baseball hit.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?