Friday 19 July 1935
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Curly Top, directed by Irving Cummings, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 19 July 1935 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 19 July 1935 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
See other famous people born on 19 July
William Astor: American noted family, son of John Jacob Astor VI (1912-92) and Ellen Tuck French (b.
Nick Koback: American baseball player and golfer (d. 2015).
Vasily Livanov: Russian actor and screenwriter.
Make this date unforgettable
Subscribe to our Newsletter
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1935?
- Science: Science vol. 82 issue 2116
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Joseph T. Robinson -- July 15, 1935
- Science: Science vol. 82 issue 2115
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Green Light, 1935 novel by Lloyd Douglas. Hardcover with dust jacket, 326 pages, published by Grosset & Dunlap.
A novel that takes place in the Valley of Virginia, tracing the experience of a family with four generations of strong women.
The second novel by the great American novelist now the subject of a major new film Genius starring Jude Law Colin Firth Dominic West and Nicole Kidman It is 1920 and Eugene Gant leaves the American South for Harvard New ...
STATED FIRST PRINTING. March 1971 Signet(NAL) mass market paperback, Rachel Field (And Now Tomorrow). After the death of her father, ten year old Kate Fernald and her mother head to the coast of Maine where mom has a job as ...
Tell the world why 19 July 1935 is such a special date for you!