Monday 19 July 1937
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Hamilton IV and Larry Boxx.
It Pays to Advertise!, directed by Anders Henrikson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching The Mizzen Cross Trees.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1937!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1937 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- George Hamilton IV: North Carolina, United States -- Actor (Evel Knievel, Love at 1st Bite).
- Larry Boxx: founded Land B Computer Service.
- Jody Brady: American child actress from infancy, the youngest child in California to receive and use a social security number.
- George Hamilton: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2014).
- Entartete Art Fair opens in Munich
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 July 1937
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?