Wednesday 19 July 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wirkus Mietek .
Beau Geste, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1939 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Wirkus Mietek: Polish Catholic healer who was born with his talent, first noticed by his mom when he was a toddler.
- Rose Hartwick Thorpe: American poet (Born 1850).
- 1st use of fiberglass sutures, R P Scholz, St. Louis, Missouri
- Dr Roy P Scholz is 1st surgeon to use fiberglass sutures
- First use of fiberglass sutures, by R.P. Scholz, Saint Louis, Missouri.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?