Friday 19 July 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dennis Cole in Detroit and Vikki Carr.
Pride and Prejudice, directed by Robert Z. Leonard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1940 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Dennis Cole in Detroit: Michigan, USA; actor (Felony Squad, Brackens's World).
- Vikki Carr: American musician; a singer and recording artist who frequently sings multilingually.
- Dennis Cole: American film and television actor, who was a model for men's physique magazines before breaking into acting.
- Samuel H Chang: American newspaper magnate, is murdered in Shanghai, China.
- Hitler orders Great Britain to surrenders
- Nazi occupiers imprison 231 prominent Dutch citizens in Buchenwald
- World War II: Battle of Cape Spada : The Royal Navy and the Regia Marina clash; the Italian light cruiser Bartolomeo Colleoni sinks, with 121 casualties.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?