Friday 19 July 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cathy Reynolds and Patrick Berhault.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Night Passage, directed by James Neilson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Gay Cavalier.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1957!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1957 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Cathy Reynolds: Kansas City, Missouri -- LPGA golfer (1981 Golden Lights).
- Patrick Berhault: French free climber, mountaineer and mountain guide, best known for popularizing sport climbing in France with his friend rock climber legend Patrick Edlinger in the late '70s and in the '80s.
- Benoît Duquesne: French journalist and TV host, he presented "Complément d'enquête" on France 2..
- Curzio Malaparte [Kurt E Suckert]: Ital Author (Kaputt), dies at 59.
- 1st rocket with nuclear warhead fired, Yucca Flat, Nevada
- First rocket with nuclear warhead fired, Yucca Flat, Nevada, USA.
- Don Bowden becomes first American to break 4 minute mile (3:58.7).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Johnny Mathis - It's Not For Me To Say
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Billy Williams - I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Write Myself A Letter
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?