Sunday 19 July 1959
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Lonely Boy by Paul Anka.
In UK Dream Lover by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
Plan 9 from Outer Space, directed by Edward D. Wood Jr., was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Lady Chatterly'S Lover by D.H. Lawrence was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1959!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1959 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Terri Treas in Kansas City: Kansas, USA; actress (Hannah - 7 Brides for 7 Brothers).
- Juan Jose Campanella: Argentinian filmmaker.
- Juan Campanella: Argentinian director producer and screenwriter.
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA Machine International Golf Open Alliance
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- Stonewall Jackson - Waterloo
- Connie Francis - Lipstick On Your Collar
- Fabian - Tiger
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Freddy Cannon - Tallahassee Lassie
- Carl Dobkins Jr. - My Heart Is An Open Book
- Frankie Avalon - A Boy Without A Girl
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?