Tuesday 19 July 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Hanky Panky by Tommy James and the Shondells.
In UK Sunny Afternoon by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Torn Curtain, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1966!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1966 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Kate Rogerson: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- LPGA golfer (1990 Circle K LPGA Tucson-2nd).
- Nancy Walls: American actress.
- Lucrezia Lante della Rovere: Italian actress in film, television and theatre, who made her debut in Mario Monicelli's "Speriamo che sia femmina" (1986), where she acted along with Catherine Deneuve, Stefania Sandrelli, Giuliana De Sio, Giuliano Gemma, Bernard Blier, Philippe Noiret and Paolo Hendel.
- Nancy Carell: American actress producer and screenwriter.
- David Segui: Kansas City, Kansas -- Infielder (Montreal Expos).
- 50 year old Frank Sinatra marries 21 year old Mia Farrow in Las Vegas
- Gov James Rhodes declares state of emergency in Cleveland (race riot)
- Governor James Rhodes declares state of emergency in Cleveland, Ohio due to race riot.
- A Chinese delegate in the Netherlands, Liu en-Tsiu, is declared persona non grata because of the death of a Chinese engineer in unclear circumstances there are claims that he was kidnapped and taken to the delegate's office.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood
- Crispian St. Peters - The Pied Piper
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- The Beatles - Paperback Writer
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Hungry
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- The Mamas and The Papas - I Saw Her Again
- Tommy Roe - Sweet Pea
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?