Friday 19 July 1968
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leroy Butler and Carolie DeVonne Howe in Chugwater.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Grazing In The Grass by Hugh Masekela.
In UK Baby Come Back by The Equals was in the top 5 hits.
Senso, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Expert.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1968!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1968 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Leroy Butler: NFL defensive back (Green Bay Packers - Super Bowl 31).
- Carolie DeVonne Howe in Chugwater: Wyoming, USA; Miss Wyoming-America (1991).
- Robert Flynn: American vocalist and guitarist (Machine Head).
- Robb Flynn: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Machine Head Vio-lence and Forbidden).
- Pavel Kuka: Czech footballer and manager.
- Jim Norton: American radio personality (The Opie and Anthony Show)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 July 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass
- Gary Puckett - Lady Willpower
- The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Cliff Nobles - The Horse
- The 5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
- Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man
- Mason Williams - Classical Gas
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- The Cowsills - Indian Lake
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?