Sunday 19 July 1981
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes.
In UK Ghost Town by The Specials was in the top 5 hits.
Blow Out, directed by Brian De Palma, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Noble House by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1981!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1981 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Nene: Brazilian footballer.
- Naomi Grabow: lake Arrowhead, California -- Pairs skater (with Benjamin Oberman).
- Nenê : Brazilian footballer.
- David Bernard: Jamaican West Indies cricketer.
- Mark Gasnier: Australian rugby player.
- Jimmy Gobble: American baseball player
- Didz Hammond: English singer and bass player (Dirty Pretty Things and The Cooper Temple Clause)
- Nikki Osborne: Australian actress
- Malvika Subba: Nepalese model and actress Miss Nepal 2002
- Grégory Vignal: French footballer
- 110th British Golf Open: Bill Rogers shoots a 276 at Royal St. George
- Donna Caponi Young wins LPGA WUI Golf Classic
- The 1981 Springbok Tour commences in New Zealand, amid controversy over the support of apartheid.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
- Air Supply - The One That You Love
- Pointer Sisters - Slow Hand
- George Harrison - All Those Years Ago
- Joey Scarbury - Theme From The Greatest American Hero (Believe It Or Not)
- Kenny Rogers - I Don't Need You
- Oak Ridge Boys - Elvira
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - You Make My Dreams
- The Manhattan Transfer - Boy From New York City
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?