Tuesday 19 July 1983
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Every Breath You Take by The Police.
In UK Baby Jane by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Mr. Mom, directed by Stan Dragoti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Return Of The Jedi by Joan D. Vinge was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1983!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1983 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Ryan Dorsey: TV Actor.
- Helen Skelton: British TV presenter.
- Trai Byers: TV Actor.
- Fedor Tyutin: Russian ice hockey player.
- Craig Vye: English actor.
- The first three-dimensional reconstruction of a human head in a CT is published.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Sergio Mendes - Never Gonna Let You Go
- Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
- The Kinks - Come Dancing
- Madness - Our House
- Duran Duran - Is There Something I Should Know
- Stevie Nicks - Stand Back
- Donna Summer - She Works Hard For The Money
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?