Friday 19 June 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Stuart Webbs: Das Panzergewölbe, directed by Joe May, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1914!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1914 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Zelda Schneersohn Miskovsky: Israeli poet.
- Alan Cranston: American politician, one of California's most durable liberal Democrats.
- Lester Flatt: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Foggy Mountain Boys and Nashville Grass) (d. 1979).
- Morgan Morgan-Giles: English admiral and politician (d. 2013).
- Anthony of Sourozh : Swiss-English bishop and theologian (d. 2003).
- Anthony of Sourozh: Swiis-born British religious figure (d. 2003)
- Harry Lauter: White Plains, New York -- Actor (Waterfront)
- 54th British Golf Open: Harry Vardon shoots a 306 at Prestwick Club
- A radiotelegraphic link is established between Germany and the United States - German Emperor Wilhelm II and U.S. President Woodrow Wilson exchange telegrams to mark the event.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- In the Heart of the City That Has No Heart - Henry Burr
- He's a Devil in His Own Home Town - Eddie Morton
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?