Friday 19 June 1931
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include "Against Iain" Duke of Atholl and Tom Buchan.
Maciste in Hell, directed by Guido Brignone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1931!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1931 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- "Against Iain" Duke of Atholl: English large landowner.
- Tom Buchan: Scottish literary giant of poetry and playwright.
- 1st photoelectric cell installed commercially West Haven, Connecticut
- In an attempt to stop the banking crisis in Central Europe from causing a worldwide financial meltdown, President Herbert Hoover issues the Hoover Moratorium.
- First photoelectric cell installed commercially, in West Haven, Connecticut, USA.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 June 1931
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?