Tuesday 19 June 1934
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gena Rowlands and Nelida Lobato.
Little Miss Marker, directed by Alexander Hall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1934!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1934 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Gena Rowlands: Cambria, Wisconsin -- Actress (Gloria, Tempest, Brinks Job).
- Nelida Lobato: Prominent dancer and actress, considered one of the best main acts in the world.
- Terence Clark: English soldier and diplomat British Ambassador to Iraq.
- Gérard Latortue: Haitian politician 12th Prime Minister of Haiti.
- US Congress pases the Silver Purchase Act, directing the Secretary of the Treasury to purchase silver until market price reaches $1.2929 per ounce, or until value of silver stock reaches one-third of gold stock.
- The Communications Act of 1934 establishes the United States' Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?