Friday 19 June 1936
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Suzy, directed by Geo. Fitzmaurice, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1936!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1936 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Michel Guyard: French Catholic clergyman, who has been bishop emeritus of Le Havre since 2011.
- Marisa Galvany: American soprano and actress.
- Shirley Goodman: American singer (Shirley & Company) (d. 2005).
- Tommy DeVito: American musician and singer.
- Gena Rowlands in Cambria: Wisconsin, USA; actress (Gloria, Tempest, Brinks Job).
- Dutch Premier Colijn denies relation with German call-girl
- German boxer Max Schmeling World Champion KOs Joe Louis
- Joe McCarthy is named to manage AL All-Stars, rather than high-strung Mickey Cochrane, who is very close to a nervous breakdown
- Max Schmeling knocks out Joe Louis in the 12th round of their heavyweight boxing match at Yankee Stadium in New York City.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?