Monday 19 June 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Went the Day Well?, directed by Cavalcanti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1944!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1944 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Peter Bardens: English musician, singer and songwriter, who was a keyboardist and a founding member of the British progressive rock group Camel.
- Richard Monette: Canadian actor who has appeared on Canadian, English, and American stage, as well as in 33 Stratford Festivals.
- Chico Buarque: Brazilian singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Han Yong-woon: Zen teacher, dies at 65 in Seoul County, Korea.
- 300 Japanese aircrafts shot down
- French troops free Elba
- Heavy air raid on US fleet at Guam Turkey Shoot
- Japanese troops conquer Changsha China
- The Battle of the Philippine Sea takes place, over two days. Allied ships sink three Japanese aircraft carriers, damage two more, and destroy 426 of 473 planes.
- World War II: First day of the Battle of the Philippine Sea.
- A severe storm badly damages the Mulberry harbours on the Normandy coast.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1944 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Straighten Up And Fly Right - Andrews Sisters
- Arsenic And Old Lace - Jerry Jerome
- Behind Those Swinging Doors - Spike Jones
- She Broke My Heart In Three Places - Hoosier Hot Shots
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?