Friday 19 June 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Larry Dunn [Dunhill] and Larry Dunn.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Dream Wife, directed by Sidney Sheldon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Willys Theatre Presenting Ben Hecht's Tales of the City.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1953!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1953 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Larry Dunn [Dunhill]: US keyboardist (Earth, Wind & Fire).
- Larry Dunn: American keyboard player songwriter and producer (Earth Wind & Fire).
- Hilary Jones: English physician and television host.
- Simon Wright: English drummer (AC/DC Dio and UFO).
- WCSC TV channel 5 in Charleston, SC (CBS) begins broadcasting
- WTPA (now WHTM) TV channel 27 in Harrisburg, PA (ABC) 1st broadcast
- Albert W Dent is elected president of National Health Council.
- Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, who were convicted of conspiring to pass U.S. atomic secrets to the Soviets, are executed by electric chair at Sing Sing Prison in Ossining, New York.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?