Saturday 19 June 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
The Caine Mutiny, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1954!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1954 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Johnnie LeMaster: American sportsman, a Major League Baseball infielder who played for 12 seasons (1975–1985 and 1987) for four teams, including 10 seasons for the San Francisco Giants.
- Jim Cooper: (Rep-D-Tennessee, 1983- ).
- Kathleen Turner: American actress.
- Gilda Giuliani: Italian singer, mainly successful in the 1970s.
- Mike O'Brien: English lawyer and politician Solicitor General for England and Wales.
- Philippe Manœuvre: French journalist, radio and television presenter, specializing in rock music. He was editor-in-chief of the magazine 'Métal Hurlant,' and since 1993 has been the editor of the music monthly 'Rock & Folk.' Since 2008, he has been a member of the jury of a reality show 'Nouvelle Star' on M6.
- 54th US Golf Open: Ed Furgol shoots a 284 at Baltusrol Golf Club - New Jersey
- Betty Jameson wins LPGA Western Golf Open
- Tasmanian Devil, debuts in Devil May Hare by Warner Bros
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1954 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?