Tuesday 19 June 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gigio Alberti and Danny Chauncey.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
The Great Locomotive Chase, directed by Francis Lyon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Joe & Mabel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1956 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Gigio Alberti: Italian actor who studied at the acting school of the Piccolo Teatro, graduating in 1981.
- Danny Chauncey: American guitarist (38 Special).
- Doug Stone: American singer and actor.
- Lulu [Luise] Strauss und Torney: German Poet / writer, dies at 82.
- Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin end partnership after 16 films
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?