Sunday 19 June 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Heike Walpot and Johnny Lee Gray Jr.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Cathy's Clown by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Three Steps To Heaven by Eddie Cochran was in the top 5 hits.
House of Usher, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1960!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1960 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Heike Walpot: German, Cosmonaut.
- Johnny Lee Gray Jr: Los Angeles, California -- 800m runner (1996 Olympics - 7th Place).
- Patti Rizzo: Hollywood, Florida -- Golfer (Mexican Amateur champion 1980).
- Simon Wright: Heavy metal drummer (AC / DC).
- Johnny Gray: Runner.
- Andrew Dilnot: English economist and academic
- Luke Morley: English guitarist songwriter and producer (The Union Terraplane and Thunder)
- Betsy Rawls wins LPGA Cosmopolitan Golf Open
- Loretta Lynn records Honky Tonk Girl
- The Associated Broadcasting Company (now TV5) is founded in the Philippines.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
- Connie Francis - Everybody's Somebody's Fool
- Jack Scott - Burning Bridges
- Jimmy Jones - Good Timin'
- Anita Bryant - Paper Roses
- Jeanne Black - He'll Have To Stay
- Ron Holden - Love You So
- Elvis Presley - Stuck On You
- Bobby Rydell - Swingin' School
- Paul Evans - Happy-Go-Lucky-Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?