Tuesday 19 June 1962
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ken Tohill and Phillip Hatchett.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles.
In UK Good Luck Charm by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Boccaccio '70, directed by Vittorio De Sica, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sir Francis Drake.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1962!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1962 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Ken Tohill: Jockey.
- Phillip Hatchett: Russellville, Kentucky -- Canadian Tour golfer (1991 Quebec).
- Sid Fenech: Jockey.
- Paula Julie Abdul in Van Nuys: California, USA; singer/choreographer (Straight Up).
- Paula Abdul: American singer with Syrian-Brazilian-French-Canadian ancestry.
- Frank Borzage: United States -- Director (7th Heaven, Strange Cargo), dies at 69.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- Freddy Cannon - Palisades Park
- Johnny Tillotson - It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Gene Pitney - (The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance
- The Marvelettes - Playboy
- Johnny Crawford - Cindy's Birthday
- That's Old Fashioned (That's The Way Love Should Be) - The Everly Brothers
- Connie Francis - Second Hand Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?