Tuesday 19 June 1962
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles.
In UK Good Luck Charm by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Boccaccio '70, directed by Vittorio De Sica, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1962!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1962 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Jeremy Bates: English tennis player.
- Peter Bradshaw: English author and critic.
- Paula Abdul: American singer with Syrian-Brazilian-French-Canadian ancestry.
- Ken Tohill: Jockey.
- Phillip Hatchett: Russellville, Kentucky -- Canadian Tour golfer (1991 Quebec).
- Sid Fenech: Jockey
- Paula Julie Abdul in Van Nuys: California, USA; singer/choreographer (Straight Up).
- Frank Borzage: United States -- Director (7th Heaven, Strange Cargo), dies at 69.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- Freddy Cannon - Palisades Park
- Johnny Tillotson - It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Gene Pitney - (The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance
- The Marvelettes - Playboy
- Johnny Crawford - Cindy's Birthday
- That's Old Fashioned (That's The Way Love Should Be) - The Everly Brothers
- Connie Francis - Second Hand Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?