Wednesday 19 June 1963
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
8½, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1963 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Loïc Pochet: French sailor, a professional solo skipper and instructor.
- Katia Cardenal: Nicaraguan singer-songwriter.
- Margarita Ponomaryova: Russian hurdler.
- Rory Underwood: English rugby player lieutenant and pilot.
- 2 Russian space missions return to Earth
- Greek government of Pipinolis forms
- Valentina Tereshkova 1st woman in space returns to Earth
- Charter members of Canadian Football Hall of Fame are chosen.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- Barbara Lewis - Hello Stranger
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- Bobby Vinton - Blue On Blue
- The Crystals - Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home)
- Nat King Cole - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer
- Bill Anderson - Still
- Al Martino - I Love You Because
- The Chiffons - One Fine Day
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?