Friday 19 June 1964
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John DePetro and Boris Johnson.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Chapel Of Love by The Dixie Cups.
In UK It's Over by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
The Masque of the Red Death, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pension Spreewitz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1964!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1964 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- John DePetro: American radio personality, host of a talk show on Boston, MA radio channel WRKO.
- Boris Johnson: British Conservative Party politician, who has served as Mayor of London since 2008.
- Bill Barretta: American actor and puppeteer.
- Brent Goulet: American soccer player and manager.
- Laura Ingraham: American radio host and political commentator.
- Alysia Rogers: American actress
- Brian Ark: American singer-songwriter guitarist and actor (The Verve Pipe)
- Bob Dylan completes UK tour
- Cambuur Leeuwarden BVO soccer team forms in Leeuwarden
- Civil Rights Act of 1964 passes 73-27
- The Civil Rights Act of 1964 is approved after surviving an 83-day filibuster in the United States Senate.
- U.S. Senator Edward Kennedy, 32, is seriously injured in a private plane crash at Southampton, Massachusetts the pilot is killed.
- Three civil rights workers, Michael Schwerner, Andrew Goodman, and James Chaney, are murdered near Philadelphia, Mississippi, by local Klansmen, cops, and a sheriff.
- Spain beats the Soviet Union 2–1 to win the 1964 European Nations Cup.
- Jim Bunning pitches a perfect game for the Philadelphia Phillies, the first in the National League since 1880.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- Ray Charles Singers - Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta El Sol)
- Millie Small - My Boy Lollipop
- Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
- The Beatles - Love Me Do
- Barbra Streisand - People
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying
- The Bachelors - Diane
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?